Dr. Terrell Strayhorn joins us in part 2 of our time together. Here are some of the things we covered:
- How we should think about learning from multiple domains and disciplines (including business)…and the analogy of being a musician learning from other styles and instruments to create better music.
- He calls out institutions with so-called “student-centered” mission statements and shares some of the ways you can point out potential red flags that demonstrate they are not there yet in living it out at a given institution.
- He identifies a powerful way technology can be used to meet students where they are in getting them the information they need to succeed on a given campus.
- How the future of work will require an entrepreneurial mindset of getting multiple “gigs”, and why higher education must adapt its model from a traditional curriculum to educational curation.
- The importance of staff and faculty to feel like they belong and why it is the ONLY way an organization could move forward faster.
As we mentioned in the previous episode, Dr. Terrell Strayhorn is releasing the second edition of his book College Students’ Sense of Belonging: A Key to Educational Success for All Students) which you can get notified of pre-order by filling out the form link below: